Father's Day 2020
Published by Vincent Sélection, on June 17 2020
On June 21st, we celebrate dads. Rather than giving a tie, a pair of socks or a bottle of wine, why not make them a delicious dessert for the occasion? Chocolaty or fruity? Mousse or cake? Maybe a little something of everything to delight our dads.
Strawberry and chocolate
Portions 12 - Preparation time 25 minutes
Refrigeration time 2h30 - Bake time 25 minutes
For the cake:
50g of 70% dark chocolate, cut in pieces
½ cup of butter
3 tbsp of cocoa powder
¾ cup of flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¾ cup of sugar
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
For the strawberry mousse:
85g bag of strawberry jelly powder (JELL-O)
1 package (250g) cream cheese, softened
1 litre of whipped cream
8 strawberries, chopped
For the chocolate frosting:
¼ cup 40% cream
100g (3.5 oz) of 70% dark chocolate, cut in pieces
1 ½ cup whipped cream
6 strawberries, cut in half
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F (180 °C)
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate for the cake with the butter and cocoa powder. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and the baking powder
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until the mixture turns white. Add the chocolate mixture and the vanilla extract. Stir.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, stir until the batter is uniform.
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper, then pour in batter. Level the surface.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wired rack.
- In a bowl, mix the jelly powder with 3 tbsp of hot water, until powder is completely dissolved.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in the whipped cream, gently folding the preparation with a spatula.
- Continue to gently fold with the spatula while adding the chopped strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry mousse mixture into the pan with the cake. Level the surface and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a bowl, mix the cream with the chocolate. Microwave until chocolate is melted and stir until mixture is uniform.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the pan and level the surface. Refrigerate for 30minutes.
- When ready to serve, top the mousse cake with whipped cream and strawberries.
To all the dad’s out there, we wish you a wonderful Father’s Day!
Till next time
**recipe and photo credit: pratico-pratiques.com / 5 ingrédients-15 minutes