Valentine's Day 2020
Published by Mélissa, on February 10 2020
With valentine’s day fast approaching, I wanted to share one of my dessert recipes which I think is a perfect way to finish a meal and a great way to start off a night with your loved one. So, here is a fruity and slightly sweet strawberry-based recipe. Fun fact, the word ‘strawberry’ comes from a Latin word ‘fragrum’, which means perfume. So, let yourself be seduced by this sweet scent of strawberries with a touch of sugar.
4 portions - prep. time: 22 min - refrigerate: 2h30 - cook time : 2 minutes
1 pound of fresh strawberries
1 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp freshly pressed lemon juice
¼ cup cranberry juice
1 pack of flavorless gelatin (7g)
1/3 cup of pure honey
1 ½ cup natural Greek yogurt
1 cup of 35% whipped cream
4 small heart shaped chocolates
1. Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks, then dice a third of the strawberries. In a bowl, mix the diced strawberries with the maple syrup and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Refrigerate.
2. Pour the cranberry juice into a bowl, then sprinkle the gelatine on top. Mix and wait 5 minutes for it to rise at room temperature.
3. In a pot, cook the rest of the strawberries with the honey and the remaining lemon juice for about 2 minutes at medium-low heat. Then, add the cranberry juice mixture. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Emulsify the strawberry mixture with the yogurt for 1 to 2 minutes with a mixer. Refrigerate for about 30 minute or until the mousse starts to thicken.
5. With the help of an electric mixer, whip the 35% cream at high speed until the cream becomes firm. Refrigerate the cream for later.
6. Slowly fold the strawberry mousse with the whipped cream and delicately mix with a silicone spatula. Pour the mousse in 4 glass bowls and refrigerate for an hour and a half to two hours or until the mousse thickens.
7. When serving, garnish with the leftover diced strawberries from earlier. Decorate with the rest of the whipped cream and top it off with a small chocolate heart.
And now you have a delicious and cute little dessert to enjoy with your loved one. And why not complement this charming fruity dessert with a small glass of bubbly rosé.
Happy valentine’s day!